This site uses cookies to provide a better experience. Continuing navigation accept the use of cookies by us OK




MAE/CRUI internships

The MAE/CRUI internships are offered to Italian newly graduates (who have been graduated for not longer than 18 months), to Italian University students who are about to finish their degree or to students of Master degrees.

Where and when
The winners are offered the chance to spend 3 months working at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Rome or in one of its branches abroad:

  • Italian Cultural Institutes
  • Italian Embassies
  • Italian Consulates
  • Permanent Representations at the International Organizations

The internships occur three times a year: January-April; May-August, September, December

The internships have been established through the Convention between the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Diplomatic Institute) and the CRUI, the Conference of Italian University Rectors.

This programme is dedicated to those who wish to actively take part in the system of the international relations of our country in its political, economic, socio-cultural, scientific and development cooperation aspects. It gives the winners a chance to get to know, from inside, how the Ministry works in Italy and abroad. The MAE/CRUI programme suits particularly those who want to start off a career in the international world but also those who wish to gain some practical experience before the end of their degree.

The Diplomatic Institute at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
The Diplomatic Institute collaborates with CRUI in the coordination of the programme in its various aspects. In particular, it defines its objectives, regulations and contents; it updates the advertisement of the available positions and their job descriptions, it selects the candidates, looks after the related initiatives and monitors the internships and their results.

Further information on the rules, the candidates’ requirements and the list of Universities involved can be found on the CRUI website. Those who are interested will have to apply at their University, or can aks for more information emailing at: